Made in the U.S.A.
Vintner’s Choice wine shippers are made by Western Pulp Products Company, who, since 1958, has manufactured a variety of innovative molded fiber products that:
- Divert waste fiber from landfills or incineration;
- Displace products that are not biodegradable;
- Use renewable and sustainable materials;
- Recycle, compost or biodegrade after use.
Unlike many products made overseas, Western manufactures in the U.S.A. with recycled paper in compliance with rigid local, state, and federal regulations, and reflects our on-going commitment to conserve natural resources. Western Pulp recognized early on that recovered paper was an important raw material. Because as it was re-used in our products, it reduced the waste in our local landfills and ensured that we got the maximum value out of wood fiber.
Through independent certification programs, manufacturers, including Western Pulp Products, have earned the right to label products with third-party certification, verifying claims including recycled, reclaimed, salvaged, and bio-based materials content.
Increasingly, consumers today are flocking to producers who use sustainable and organic practices, as well as those sources that provide safe and healthy standards for their workers. The post-consumer paper used in Western’s molded fiber products is purchased directly from charitable groups in our community.
Every year, Western purchases millions of pounds of recycled paper at fair market value, which in turn, supports charitable groups and those they serve.
Western is a strong advocate of proper recycling, recovery, and handling of waste associated with packaging. Western designs its molded fiber packaging components to minimize environmental impact in compliance with many agencies, including:
- CONEG CERTIFICATION/MODEL TOXICS IN PACKAGING COMPLIANCE
- CALIFORNIA TOXICS IN PACKAGING PREVENTION ACT (AB 455, AB 2021, SB 774)
- EUROPEAN UNION’S DIRECTIVE ON PACKAGING AND PACKAGING WASTE (94/62/EC OF 20 DECEMBER 1994, AS AMENDED BY 2004/12/EC) and THE CEN PACKAGING STANDARDS (2005/C 44/13) pertaining to heavy metals content requirements.
- 2008 U.S. Lacey Act
For more information, view Western’s Packaging Regulatory Compliance section.
Setting a higher standard
For decades, Western has been at the forefront of the molded fiber industry. As design innovators, our products continue to satisfy the demands of a diverse range of industries. Our goal is to provide premium quality, product innovation, customer service and value for the price.